REAL LIFE

Mother-of-three rushed to emergency after Adele concert triggers devastating allergic reaction

Scary!

A woman attending the long-awaited Adele concert at Adelaide Oval had to be rushed to hospital after a special effect at the show triggered her anaphylactic shock.

Pooja Newman was in a the arena crowd when hundreds of giant balloons were dropped from the ceiling. The latex from the balloons caused Ms Newman to have an allergic reaction.

allergy adele concer


‘I felt my lips swelling and couldn’t breathe, I knew I was in trouble,’ she told 7 News from her hospital bed.

RELATED: I was hospitalised by a smell

She’s been recovering in ICU since the incident.

Her family hope it will highlight to concert promoters the dangers of using latex at events.

Related stories