REAL LIFE

Little girl has two-metre tapeworm removed after eating sushi

It was still alive after a month!
Taipei Tri-Service General Hospital

A two-metre tapeworm was found living inside a young girl after eating sashimi.

Online reports claim the eight-year-old had the tapeworm living inside her after eating the dish containing raw fish at a restaurant, according to 7 News.

It’s believed it had been living inside her for more than a month.

A doctor from Taipei Tri-Service General Hospital told media oulets that the tapeworm was still alive when it was extracted.

(Credit: Taipai Tri-Service General Hospital)

Related stories