NEWS

Toddler hospitalised after swallowing 24 button batteries

So scary!

A Queensland toddler was rushed to hospital after swallowing 24 button batteries last week.

According to 7News, two-year-old Saphira underwent emergency surgery at Queensland’s Children Hospital after emergency services were called to a home in Toowoomba.

The girl managed to escape with superficial burns to her stomach, but a statement issued by Queensland Ambulance revealed she was only one hour away from sustaining permanent severe damage.

The Queensland Ambulance Service warned parents to remain vigilant about button batteries ahead of Christmas.

Related stories