REAL LIFE

Santa’s little helper nearly burns down a family’s home

It's an elf and safety issue!
Twitter/Dublin Fire Brigade

Be careful where you pop your friendly Elf on a Shelf this silly season. 

The Dublin Fire Brigade issued a warning on Twitter after the popular Christmas toy nearly burst into flames.

Placed on a lamp in a family’s home, poor Elfie had a huge hole burnt in his bottom.

Luckily, he was discovered before more damage was done. 

However, the family was given a thumbs up for buying an Elf on a Shelf that had a CE mark – which indicates that the product complies with health, safety and environmental standards in the European Economic Area.

No matter what, take this piece of advice from the firies and keep all your decorations away from the heat.

Related stories