REAL LIFE

5-year-old girl dies from methadone overdose while watching TV with her Grandad

Horrifying.

When this little girl fell asleep watching TV with her grandfather it didn’t seem like anything was out of the ordinary – until they couldn’t wake her up.

 

An ambulance was called to the scene in North Sydney where the girl was taken to Westmead Children’s hospital in a critical condition.

 

Police confirmed Wednesday that the girl had tested positive for methadone in her system – a drug primarily used to help recovering addicts of heroin manage withdrawal symptoms.

 

It is unconfirmed whether her overdose of the drug was intended or accidental.

Related stories