REAL LIFE

Tragedy as millionaire tycoon’s daughter dies after airport meal

So heartbreaking.

A 15-year-old girl has tragically died after suffering a severe allergic reaction to a sandwich on a British Airways flight. 

The Sun reports Natasha Ednan-Laperouse collapsed on a flight from London to Nice after buying an artichoke, olive and tapenade baguette from British sandwich chain Pret a Manger at Heathrow Airport.

Her father Nadim, the millionaire owner of toy store Wow Toys in Fulham, London, tried to save Natasha by giving her two doses of drugs and administering an EpiPen, but she died in hospital in France.

An inquest is set to take place this week with Pret a Manger bosses set to testify.

Natasha Ednan-Laperouse/Facebook
(Credit: Natasha Ednan-Laperouse/Facebook)

Mr Ednan-Laperouse said: “As a family now of three, my wife, son and I are still trying to adjust to life without our beloved girl. It’s a daily battle and the pain is indescribable.” 

Pret a Manger said at the time of Natasha’s death, there was, and still is, allergen signage on each fridge and at till points. It added before Natasha’s death, it had started to make enhancements to allergen information provided to customers and the design of the signage.

A Pret spokesman said: “We were deeply saddened to hear about Natasha’s tragic death, and our heartfelt thoughts are with her family and friends.

“We take food allergies and how allergen information is provided to our customers extremely seriously.

“We will continue to do all that we can to assist the Coroner’s inquest.”

Mr Ednan-Laperouse said: “As a family now of three, my wife, son and I are still trying to adjust to life without our beloved girl. It’s a daily battle and the pain is indescribable.” 

Pret a Manger said at the time of Natasha’s death, there was, and still is, allergen signage on each fridge and at till points. It added before Natasha’s death, it had started to make enhancements to allergen information provided to customers and the design of the signage.

A Pret spokesman said: “We were deeply saddened to hear about Natasha’s tragic death, and our heartfelt thoughts are with her family and friends.

“We take food allergies and how allergen information is provided to our customers extremely seriously.

“We will continue to do all that we can to assist the Coroner’s inquest.”

This article originally appeared on New Idea.

Related stories