Pet dog dies after getting tangled in stuffing from her bed

Devastated owner warns dog lovers of the danger.

Devastated Trish Kenyon, 50, is calling for dog bed manufacturers to check their products for safety after her beloved Bonnie was found not breathing after getting tangled in her bed filling.


When Trish found the 1-year-old Staffy she was horrified to see fabric wrapped around her neck 12 times, and her dog unable to breathe. Bonnie’s mum – Pip – watched on in great distress.


She was in a mess. Bonnie was her baby and she was trying to save her,’ says Trish.


Tragically Trish and her son-in-law were unable to revive the poor dog.

Trish’s daughter, Jodie, posted the story to Facebook to warn other dog owner’s of the dangers of dog beds.


‘We are incredibly heartbroken. We all loved Bonnie. I just want to warn everyone. It may save a dog’s life,’ she says.

Related stories