REAL LIFE

Toddler’s near death from consuming illegal drugs lands lying mum before court

She’s being charged with neglect.

A toddler is recovering from ingesting a cocktail of illicit drugs after his mother took him to emergency saying he had accidentally swallowed paint thinner.

The two-year-old was airlifted to Sydney Children’s Hospital, where it was discovered he had instead ingested a mix of illicit drugs.

The mother’s lie had delayed proper treatment of the toddler’s life-threatening condition.

Police raided on the mother’s house following the incident, report 7 News, and the mother was charged with two counts of child neglect.

She has pleaded not guilty to the charges, however her toddler is no longer in her care and she is on strict bail.

She told reporters to ‘f**k off” as she left the court house, reports Fairfax.

The case will return to Penrith Local Court in July.

Related stories