- 2 x 500g packets potato gnocchi
- 6 rashers hickory smoked bacon, fat trimmed, cut into strips
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups baby rocket leaves
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook for 5-6 min or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add garlic to the pan, cook for 30 sec. Stir in tomatoes, with their juice, and lightly crush tomatoes with the back of a spoon to burst. Simmer for 2 min. Season with pepper. Drain gnocchi.
Return half of the bacon to pan and add all the gnocchi. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until hot. Remove from heat and stir through rocket. Serve topped with remaining bacon. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.