• 4 round wholemeal Lebanese breads
• 2 avocados
• 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
• 200g cottage cheese
• cayenne pepper, to taste
• 2 roma tomatoes, finely sliced
• 1 telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
• 200g hummus
• 150g baby spinach leaves
• 150g smoked salmon pieces
Place bread on round plates and mash half an avocado over each one, covering all the bread. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with thinly sliced red onion, then cover with a layer of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper.
Cover the cheese layer with a mixture of tomato and cucumber, then dollop hummus over this layer.
Top with baby spinach leaves followed by smoked salmon pieces. Serve immediately, with a little fresh lemon juice squeezed over the top if desired.