Treat yourself this Halloween.
• 250g Granita biscuits, finely crushed
• 125g butter, melted and cooled
• 5 cups softened vanilla ice cream
• ½ cup orange and brown M&M’s, plus 8 extra M&M’s
• 40g dark or milk choc melts, melted and cooled
• 4 sponge finger biscuits, halved
• 6 chocolate ripple biscuits, finely crushed
Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Combine the Granita biscuit crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumb mixture into the base and up the sides of a 21cm (base measurement) round pie plate. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely in the pie plate
on a wire rack.
Combine the softened ice cream and orange and brown M&M’s in a medium mixing bowl. Spread the ice cream mixture evenly into the cooled pie crust. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
Meanwhile, place the melted chocolate into a plastic zip-lock bag. Using scissors, snip the corner and pipe ‘RIP’ onto the rounded end of each sponge finger biscuit. Then pipe a small blob of chocolate under it and use it to attach one extra orange or brown M&M. Repeat with the remaining sponge fingers, chocolate and M&M’s to make 8 graveyard headstones.
To assemble, spread crushed chocolate biscuits on top of the frozen pie. Using a knife, cut wide slits for the headstones and press finger biscuits, cut side down, into the holes. Decorate with other items