The assistant then said, ‘I think you have an insect in there.’
They managed to remove the creepy crawly, which was later determined as a brown recluse, a venomous spider found in the US South and Midwest states.
It’s known as one of the most poisonous spiders in the US and although their venom isn’t considered as deadly, their bites often go untreated which can lead to serious complications.
Luckily, doctors told Ms Torres she hadn’t been bitten by the spider.
Ms Torres, who is extremely afraid of spiders, said, ‘I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body.’
She told WDAF she’s now taking extra steps to protect her ears, explaining, ‘I went and put some cotton balls in my ears last night, I’m a little more cautious.’