- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup full cream milk powder
- 250g packet white chocolate bits
- ¾ cup pure icing sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 250g vegetable shortening (Copha), melted and cooled
- 2 x 375g packets white choc melts, melted and cooled
- orange gel food colouring
- 300g packet green apple twists, to decorate we used Darrell Lea
Line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper. Extending the paper up the sides. Place first five ingredients into a bowl. Pour over vegetable shortening and mix well.
Press evenly into base of prepared pan. Chill for 2hr or until firm. Remove from pan and cut in half, then slice each half into ten triangle wedges.
Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Take choc melts and add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and a few drops of orange food colouring.
Working with one wedge at a time, insert a bamboo skewer into the thick end. Hold over bowl and spoon the melted chocolate over to coat. Place on prepared tray to set. Repeat with remaining wedges. Cut apple twists in half lengthways and then using scissors snip into the pieces to make the carrot tops. Using reserved melted chocolate, stick one onto each carrot. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.