- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 30g packet taco spice mix
- 453g jar black bean and chipotle salsa
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1½ cups uncooked macaroni
- 230g packet white corn tortilla strips
- 200g packet Mexican cheese blend
Heat oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, beef mince and taco spice mix. Cook, breaking up mince with a spoon, for 6-7 min, or until browned.
Add salsa, tomatoes, macaroni and 3 cups of water. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 min.
Remove lid and cook uncovered for a further 5 min, stirring occasionally, or until liquid has been absorbed.
Layer tortilla strips and cheese over the top of the mince and macaroni. Place under a heated grill for 5 min, or until golden and cheese is melted.
Serve with a side salad.