Jemima Strain's toddler was helping his Mum with a load of washing. Picking up a laundry tab, he squished it and it exploded in his eyes.
His frantic Mum immediately washed the liquid out and rushed him to hospital.
Jemima claimed that when she took her son to the eye specialist clinic, consultants said they had written to manufacturers begging them to stop making the laundry pods.
She's since written a post on Facebook warning parents to make sure the dangerous pods are out of reach of children at all times.
'If we had not washed his eyes out my son would have suffered from further burns to his eyes and children have had corneas burned off.
'Please let everyone you know hear this. And share it as a warning.'