Aleisha revealed to 9 News Melbourne that her daughter had been asleep in the cot an hour before she found the venomous one-metre-long snake. She watched as it slithered from the bedroom door into the cot and that "It was petrifying, I was very scared. I didn't know what to do."
"I'm trying to reach for my phone and trying to stop my son from trying to go see the snake...it was, yes, very scary," she continued.
Alecia said that she "couldn't believe [the snake] could climb," and that it had climbed through the window and was up around the bassinet.
Professional snake catchers have warned the public to be aware of snakes due to mating season. Gold Coast snake catcher Tony Harrison said, "The males are on a mission to find a female and they'll travel out in the open - across roads, people's backyards and everything," as reported by Daily Mail.
To keep out unwanted snakes, the public have been advised to firmly shut doors and windows.
The eastern brown snake (Pseudonaja textilis) is considered to be the world's second most venomous snake and is native to central and eastern Australia. They commonly grow up to 1.5 metres with the largest recorded size being 2.5 metres.
The brown snake forms an 'S' shape and keeps it's mouth open ready to strike once it's been provoked. A bite from a brown snake can cause paralysis and collapse within a few minutes if left untreated.
This article originally appeared on New Idea.