- Cut out the template shapes and begin tracing them onto your felt. Alternatively, you can create your own templates at home, drawing a series of leaves and semicircles along a straight edge (see pic below). Once you have traced or drawn your desired number of shapes, cut out each felt piece.
- Add a line of glue along the straight edge of your felt piece. Begin rolling the felt from one end so you are left with a little felt bud. Repeat with your other felt pieces.
- Once you have all your little felt buds, fan out the felt leaves so they create the succulent shapes. Some will fan out more than others, so arrange as you wish. Arrange all the buds inside your box to your liking. If you are working with a deeper box, you will need to add a foam block to the base of the box so your little creations peek up about 2cm over the edge of the box.
- Using your hot glue gun again, glue down each felt bud in position to fasten. Leave to dry completely before displaying as desired.
What you will need
- assorted sheets of colourful felt
- medium-size box with lid
- online template (download and print here)
- scissors and hot glue gun
- foam block to fit box, if neededInstructions