4 tips for a successful home detox
- Pace yourself. You don’t want to burn out before you cross the finish line
- Be aggressive. Look at everything, asking yourself if you truly use and love it.
- Ask a friend to help. Someone without emotional or financial attachment can provide helpful input.
- Sleep on it. Then re-evaluate anything you were on the fence about. After some zzzs, it will be easier to let so-so stuff go.
4 tips for a successful brain detox
- Stop multitasking. When you’re overwhelmed, it’s best to focus on a single task at hand, rather than flitting among all the things that have to happen today. You’ll be more efficient and calm.
- Take a break. If you’ve been going full speed, try downshifting for just a few minutes.
- Concentrate on what’s in your control right now, like the recyclables piling up in your house – not how you want to find a prettier bin to put them in
- Say no. Ask yourself which invites you can turn down and what tasks you can hand off.
For a 31-day detox to declutter your home and life, get your issue of Family Circle Autumn in store or buy online today!