- 600g chicken breast fillet12 x 16cm long bamboo skewers
- 12 x 16cm long bamboo skewersFresh coriander leaves and chopped peanuts, to garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves and chopped peanuts, to garnish
- Fresh lime, to serve, optional
- ⅓ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
Cut chicken breast lengthways into 1cm thick slices. Weave onto the bamboo skewers.
Heat a large, oiled non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken skewers in two batches. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, make satay sauce. Whisk peanut butter, milk and sauces in a saucepan until combined. Cook, stirring over a medium heat, for about 2 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice and enough hot water to reach the desired consistency.
Pour hot satay sauce over skewers. Garnish with coriander and peanuts.
Serve skewers with lime cheeks (optional).