- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250g butter, chopped at room temperature
- ¾ cup raw caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 125g marzipan, grated
- 200g glace cherries, halved and tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 300g packet royal icing, prepared as directed
- ¼ teaspoon almond essence
- 2.8g packet edible wafer daisies, to decorate
Preheat oven to moderate 170C (150C fan forced). Line 24 x 1/3 cup capacity muffin holes with paper cases, or use edible wafer cupcake cases if you like. Sift the flour and the baking powder together and set aside.
Place butter and caster sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy, add the eggs one at a time and beat until creamy. Then fold in the milk, flour mixture, marzipan and the cherries.
Divide between the holes and bake for 20-25 min. Cool on a wire rack.
Add almond essence to the icing mix. Spoon over the cupcakes and smooth with a spatula. Top with speckled eggs and wafer daisies. Let the icing set and keep in a covered container. Arrange cupcakes on layered cake stands.