Immigration chiefs have revealed that the 39-year-old – whose drug trafficking sentence is set to end on May 27 - will be held in a detention cell office before her flight home to Australia.
Speaking with News Corp, Nguarah Rai immigration chief Ari Budijanto said that despite her ‘celebrity’ status, Corby will be given no special treatment and will be dealt with in the same way as any other prisoner.
“I guarantee I will detain her waiting for her flight,” he said.
“She will never stay in the hotel, she will never stay in the house. We have two immigration offices here (with holding cells) and one detention centre so we can put her anywhere.”
Officials also explained that she will likely be banned from ever returning to Indonesia, leaving behind her local boyfriend Ben Panangian, who she first met in 2006.
“I will make a recommendation to my Director-General to put her on the blacklist for life,” Budijanto said.
“I don’t want my children, my family, my brother, my neighbour becoming a narcotics victim.”
“This is a lesson for everybody who tries to bring narcotics to Indonesia.”
This will be the first time that Corby has been behind bars since she was released from Kerobokan prison on parole in February 2014.
Since then, she has lived in a Kuta apartment that she rents with her brother, reporting monthly to parole officials.
In 2004 Corby was sentenced to 20 years in prison for attempting to smuggle 4.1kg of cannabis into Bali.
This article first published on New Idea.