- 2 tblsps olive oil
- 700g blade steak, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 410g can mushrooms in butter sauce
- 2 tblsps barbecue sauce
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- chopped parsley and parsley sprigs, to garnish
Heat oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium to high heat. Add meat in three batches. Cook, stirring, until browned. Remove from saucepan.
Add onion to same pan. Cook, stirring, until soft. Return beef to pan with stock cubes dissolved in 1½ cups of boiling water, mushrooms, sauce, carrots and potatoes.
Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until beef is tender and sauce is thickened.
Garnish casserole with chopped parsley and parsley sprigs.