- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 5cm lengths
- 250g punnet large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed 2
- 2 tsps fresh thyme leaves½
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tblsp olive oil8 thick slices
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 large, ripe avocado3
- 3 tsps lemon juice½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup crumbled fetaFresh thyme, to garnish
- Fresh thyme, to garnish
Place asparagus, tomatoes, garlic, thyme and chilli in a bowl. Drizzle with oil. Toss to combine.
Heat a grill pan over a medium heat. Add vegetables in two batches. Cook for about 3 mins, turning regularly, or until just tender. Place in a bowl. Cool. Refrigerate overnight, covered.
he next morning, remove vegetables from fridge. Drain off and discard any excess liquid. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Bring to room temperature.
Heat same cleaned grill pan over a medium heat. Add bread in two batches. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly toasted.
Mash avocado and juice in a bowl. Spread evenly over warm toast. Top with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with feta. Garnish with thyme.