Woman poisoned by lethal floor cleaner combination
Do you mix cleaning products when you mop?
Starts at 60 Writers
A simple household chore has almost turned deadly for a British woman who was taken to hospital after accidentally poisoning herself with a lethal combination of cleaning products.
Charley Howson, from Owlthorpe in Northern England, was taken to hospital last week with chlorine poisoning after mopping her kitchen floor with a combination of bleach, Dettol and concentrated disinfectant, Zoflora.
The English mother-of-three said she usually only uses one cleaning product, but decided to combine the three with hot water for a more thorough clean.
After only minutes, she began to feel excruciating pain in her chest.
“The pain got worse and worse, I thought I was having a heart attack,” Howson, who suffers from the muscle-wasting condition, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease said,reports Yahoo News.
“I’ve had a collapsed lung before, and it felt a bit like that.”