She'd gone through the Braddon McDonald’s drive-thru in Canberra late on Saturday night looking for junk food.
And that's exactly what she got.
“I took a bite and then I realised something wasn’t right,” she told Yahoo7 anonymously.
“I opened it up and found what looks like a piece of chewing gum. It was cooked into the burger, it was in the cheese.
“I was disgusted from a health standpoint, who knows where that has been and what it is carrying.”
The horrified customer was offered a refund and the opportunity to pick something else off the menu free of charge.
She quickly turned it down.
“I’m never going back,' she added.