Great idea: If you prefer, you can use a fresh vegetable soup pack available from the fruit and vegetable section of major supermarkets or any fruit and veg shop.
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 1 medium turnip, peeled, finely chopped
• 410g can tomato puree
• 1 litre (4 cups) salt-reduced vegetable stock
• 2 cups water
• 250g piece green cabbage, finely shredded
• 2 zucchini, finely chopped
• ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat a lightly oiled, large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add carrots, celery, turnip, tomato puree, stock and water. Bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
Add cabbage and zucchini. Gently boil, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Remove soup from the heat. Stir in the parsley. Serve hot in bowls.