• 2 medium carrots, finely shredded or julienned
• 1 red onion, cut into fine wedges
• 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
• ½ fresh pineapple, peeled cored and cut into thin pieces
• ¼ cup finely shredded fresh mint leaves
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• juice of a lime
Combine the carrots, onion, cheese, pineapple and mint leaves in a bowl, transfer to a platter and drizzle with the combined mayonnaise and lime juice.
Cover, then chill until required. Garnish with extra fresh mint leaves and lime zest. Serve with extra fresh lime wedges if desired.