Three men have been found guilty of raping a 16-year-old Sydney girl and filming the attack on a GoPro camera.
As The Sydney Morning Herald reports, Tristan Carlyle-Watson, 26, Kurt Stevenson, 26, and Andrew Waters, 25, were convicted of aggravated sexual assault in company by a jury at Downing Centre District Court on Tuesday.
The assault took place in a house in the western Sydney suburb in St Claire in 2015.
During the trial, the jury heard the girl only found out she was sexually assaulted after police discovered the footage on a GoPro.
The girl had been invited to a house party after befriending Carlyle-Watson on Facebook, The Daily Telegraph reports.
The court heard that the girl had smoked cannabis and drank alcohol to the point where she was unable to consent to sexual intercourse.
Crown Prosecutor Sharon Harris said a 16-minute-long video showed the men assaulting the young victim.
Ms Harris said the video depicted the men having sex with her “sometimes ... simultaneously, sometimes taking turns”. One man is heard saying “one by one we will all get a f***.”
News.com.au reports the 16-year-old told the court she had no memory of the rape, but remembered waking up naked in a room on the night of the attack.
“I was sick, my belly was sore, I was bleeding everywhere,” she said.
The GoPro footage was only found as a result of a police crackdown on graffiti. The camera was seized as part of the police enquiries.
The three men are due to be sentenced in October.
If you or someone you know needs help, contact the Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence National Help Line on 1800 Respect (1800 737 732).
This article first published on Marie Claire.