A German teenager has been hospitalised after using air-freshener to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke in his car.
Local police say the second-hand Volkswagen had been recently sold to the 17-year-old who wanted to get rid of the offensive odour.
Apparently he sprayed so much air-freshener into the inside of the car that he created an air-fuel mixture which was ignited by the interior light when the teen opened the car door.
The explosion was so powerful it blew out the car’s sunroof, and left the stunned teen with burns to both arms. He is currently recovering in hospital.
Probably safe to say the car doesn’t smell of smokes anymore!