• 225g can pineapple pieces in juice
• 500g chicken breast stir-fry strips
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tblsps vegetable oil
• 1 red onion, halved, sliced
• 1 large red capsicum, chopped
• 300g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
• ½ cup dry roasted cashews
• ½ cup tomato sauce
• 1 tblsp white vinegar
• 1 tblsp soy sauce
Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tblsps juice (use remaining juice for another recipe).
Toss chicken with garlic and half the oil in a large bowl.
To make sauce, combine all ingredients with reserved juice in a jug. Mix well.
Heat a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
Heat remaining oil in same hot wok. Add onion and capsicum. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until just tender.
Return chicken to wok with pineapple, snow peas and sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Remove from heat. Sprinkle over the cashews.
Serve with steamed rice if desired.