• 450g packet Hokkien noodles
• 125g packet vermicelli noodles
• 2 tblsps hoisin sauce
• ¼ cup each soy sauce and oyster sauce
• 2 small chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 carrot, julienned
• 1 cup chopped green beans
• 1 spring/green onion, cut into 3cm lengths on the diagonal
Place both the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Stand for 3 minutes to soften. Drain well and set aside. Combine hoisin, soy and oyster sauces in a bowl. Set aside.
Heat 1 tblsp peanut oil in a wok over high heat until hot. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add carrot and beans and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the sauce mixture and noodles to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until everything is well coated in sauce. Add the spring/green onions and season with pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with extra soy sauce to taste. Garnish with spring/green onions.