While they don’t damage your home like some bugs, they do put unsightly webs around your home and can startle you like nothing else when you come face to face with one.
There is nothing like walking through a spider web to turn you into a break-dancer either.
Did you know spiders hate the smell of peppermint?
With that in mind you can use this lifehack to move spiders out of your home for good.
- Start with getting rid of as many of the current creepy crawlies already in your house.
- Get out the vacuum and search out any obvious signs but also seek out any nooks and crannies. This will suck up any webs, spiders and even egg sacs you aren’t even aware are there.
- Fill a spray bottle with water.
- Mix in 20 drops of peppermint oil.
- Spray the mixture around any cracks and all corners in your house. Hopefully the smell will move any remaining spiders from your home or deter any new ones from moving in.
Instead, hopefully they will relocate to your garden, where they will spend their days keeping bugs at bay that would normally make a meal of your precious plants.
This article originally appeared on Starts at 60.