- 8 thick chicken sausages
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1-2 tablespoons Indian curry powder
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups prepared chicken stock, salt reduced
- 2 tablespoons chicken gravy, combined with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil and brown the sausages, in batches, until lightly golden. Remove sausages, cut each into three pieces and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and spray the pan with some more oil. Fry onion until soft, about 5 min. Add the curry powder, carrot and capsicum and fry for a further 1 min. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
Return the sausages to the pan. Simmer for 5 min. Stir in gravy mix, pineapple pieces and peas. Simmer further 2 min or until heated through. Serve with cooked rice.