- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1.5kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut in half crossways
- 600g large finger eggplant, cut into 4cm-thick diagonal pieces
- 114g can Panangcurry paste
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 400g snake beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- steamed rice, to serve
- extra Thai basil leaves, to garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 min, or until golden. Remove from pan.
Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add eggplant. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 min, or until golden and tender. Add paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
Return chicken to pan with coconut milk, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 min. Add beans and cook for a further 3-5 min, or until chicken is cooked and beans are tender. Stir in the basil leaves.
Serve curry with steamed rice. Garnish with extra basil leaves.