NEWS

Girl, 2, dies after getting her head stuck in electric car window

Her dad was sleeping in the car when it happened
Facebook

A two-year-old girl has tragically died after she getting her head stuck in a car’s electric window.

According to reports, Kierre Allen was sat in the parked Mazda 3 with her dad outside their home in Detroit on Monday afternoon.

Local station WXYZ reported that her father had fallen asleep in the front seat when the girl hit the power button, causing the window to roll up.

Her dad woke up to discover his daughter’s lifeless body and cried out, ‘My baby! My baby!’

Kierre’s uncle rushed the girl to Sinai Grace Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Results of an autopsy determining exactly how the child died has not yet been revealed.

Police are currently investigating the tragedy.

First Lieutenant Michael Shaw from Michigan State Police shared advice to try to prevent a repeat of Kierre’s tragic death.

He said, ‘You’ve got to kind of take a look in that rear view mirror once in a while just to see what’s going on back there, especially if it gets really quiet.’

Related stories