Healthy and the perfect winter food.
• 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
• 500g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 300g Carisma potatoes
• 500ml salt-reduced vegetable stock cubes
• 625ml low-fat milk
• 120g fresh baby spinach leaves
• 80ml light cooking cream, thickened
• 50g 25 per cent reduced-fat vintage cheddar, grated
• 40g slice sourdough bread, per person, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of the mushrooms.
Add the potatoes, stock and milk to the pan. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the spinach leaves. Set the soup aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
Transfer the soup to a food processor and blend. Return to the pan and stir in the cream and cheese. Stir over low heat until warmed through.
Divide soup between serving bowls. Spoon a little of the reserved mushrooms on top of each bowl and sprinkle with pepper.