Adding: "He had no shoes on and the surface was boiling!! Instead of moving, because after all he's still only a little toddler, he just stood there screaming, it was like his feet were glued to the surface.'
Jessica explains they rushed her boy home and sat with him in the swimming pool trying to soothe the poor boy's feet. Eventually the doctor arrived and treated the second-degree burns to the poor tot's feet.
Since the incident, the mum said she learned some very important lessons that day and wanted to share:
- Accidents involving children can literally happen in 10 seconds.
- Brush up my basic first aid skills
- Mum guilt, it lingers even when people tell you it was an 'accident'.#lessjudgementmoresupport because we are already so hard on ourselves. And it's so easy to be a 'spectator' and judge these stories from the sideline but remember hindsight is a wonderful thing and we all make mistakes.
- We did have a laugh, Kellie and I are sometimes pretty hard on our husband's and the risky things they do when playing with the kids or that they are so carefree with foods etc, all these things our husband's do and the kids are totally fine. Queue over-cautious constant nagging mum and bam, still an injury occurs!
Some people have been critical since the post was published, with one person writing: 'Story should be titled Irresponsible Mother Takes No Responsibility For Own Child’s Injuries with a sub-heading of Parent forgets to have child wear shoes.'
Thankfully most people are sympathetic with the worried mum:
Thankfully, Jackson seems to be on the mend and mum says he's back to running around.
This article first appeared on Practical Parenting.