• 1 tblsp olive oil
• 2 tsps Mexican chilli powder
• 3 chicken breast fillets (750g)
• 6 x 20cm flour tortillas, cut in half
• 2½ cups grated cheddar cheese
• Chopped avocado and lemon wedges, to serve
TOMATO CHILLI SAUCE
• 1kg ripe tomatoes, chopped
• 3 green spring onions, chopped
• 2 fresh long green chillies, deseeded, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
Grease an ovenproof dish (13-cup capacity).
Combine oil, chilli powder and chicken in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a flameproof roasting pan over a high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes, on each side, or until lightly browned.
Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 10 minutes, or until cooked. Cool slightly. Shred chicken.
Meanwhile, to make Tomato chilli sauce, put half the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a large jug. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Add to jug. Season with salt and pepper.
Layer one-third of the tortillas, slightly overlapping, into prepared dish. Top with one-third each chicken, sauce and cheese. Repeat layering twice more.
Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 35 minutes, or until top is golden.
Serve with avocado and lemon wedges. Garnish with extra coriander, if desired.