• 175g packet original corn chips, crushed
• 1½ cups Mexican three-cheese blend
• Guacamole, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, to serve
• 1 tblsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 500g beef mince
• 30g sachet taco seasoning mix
• 425g can Mexe beans
• 435g jar mild Mexican salsa
• ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
Grease a 25cm round ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity).
To make filling, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add beef mince and cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add undrained beans and salsa. Mix well. Bring to a boil and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Spoon into prepared dish.
Combine corn chips with ½ cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Scatter over filling. Top with remaining cheese.
Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve nachos with guacamole, chopped tomatoes and sour cream.