Recipe courtesy of Australian Mangoes.
- 100 g egg white (about 3 eggs)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g pure icing sugar, sieved
- 15 g corn flour
- 2 ½ cups pouring cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 whole mangoes
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 passionfruit
Preheat oven to 120°C
2. Whisk egg white and a pinch of salt in an electric mixer until firm peaks form (3-4 minutes)
3. With motor running, gradually add caster sugar and whisk until thick and glossy (2-3 minutes)
4. Sieve icing sugar and corn flour over, fold to combine, then spoon 8cm-diameter mounds onto oven trays lined with baking paper
5. Bake until meringues lift easily from trays and are crisp but not coloured (45-50 minutes), then turn off oven and cool completely in oven
Using an electric mixer and a clean bowl, whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla essence until it becomes stiff peaks (3-5 minutes). Chill until required.
Prepare mangoes by slicing off each cheek and cutting a lattice pattern in the flesh of each cheek, without cutting through the skin. Use a spoon to scoop out small bite size pieces.
Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds.
Cut the passionfruit in half.
Break the meringue into bite size pieces.
Take 4 clean glasses and begin to layer all the ingredients starting with the meringue and cream then layering with the mango, pomegranate and passionfruit. Continue to build until the glass is filled and garnish with mango, pomegranate and passionfruit.