A man from Tamworth has tragically passed away after attempting to save his beloved dog from a deadly brown snake.
The 24-year-old reportedly attempted to scare the snake away from his pet when it bit him. The man was subsequently rushed to hospital but died within an hour of the bite.
The local community are devastated at the loss, and a report is currently being prepared for the coroner.
We are sending love to the young man's family and friends during this difficult time.
The brown snake is commonly referred to as 'the most dangerous snake in the world' due to its deadly venom and common presence in populated areas.
This article originally appeared on New Idea.