Veteran actor Luke Perry died at the young age of 52 after suffering a stroke.
The Beverly Hills 90210 and Riverdale star was hospitalised last week, before his publicist confirmed his death on Tuesday.
There are several major warning signs to look for when identifying a possible stroke.
The five biggest symptoms include:
1. Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm or leg (especially on one side of the body).
2. Sudden confusion or trouble speaking or understanding speech.
3. Sudden vision problems in one or both eyes.
4. Sudden difficulty walking or dizziness, loss of balance or problems with coordination.
5. Severe headache with no known cause.
Nearly three quarters of all strokes occur in people over the age of 65, according to Strokecenter.org, and the risk of having a stroke more than doubles each decade after the age of 55.
Stroke victims may also experience difficulty swallowing, inability to understand or rapid involuntary eye movement.
Prior to his fatal stroke, Perry reportedly experienced 'bad back problems', which he fixed with surgery, according to News.com.au.
The actor also had a health scare in 2015, when growths were found in his body after a colonoscopy.