Are you craving some Aussie-inspired food this summer?
Steggles has put an Australian twist on the classic roast chicken dinner with vegemite-infused chicken.
The delicious recipe includes just a tablespoon of Vegemite – but will tantalise your taste-buds with a delicious marinade.
It’s the perfect summer meal with an exciting surprise straight from the great Australian cookbook.
Steggles Family Roast Chicken with Vegemite
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hr 30 mins
- Steggles Family Roast Chicken
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Vegemite
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Herbs of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Roast vegetables: pumpkin, potatoes, asparagus and onion
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Mix together 1 tablespoon of honey, the Vegemite, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper to create a marinade for the chicken.
2. Place chicken in an oven-proof tray and marinate the chicken by rubbing the marinade into the skin
3. Place chicken in oven and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes
4. Prepare roast vegetables by marinating with oil and honey and add to oven to roast for last 45 minutes
5. Serve chicken with roast vegetables and enjoy.