When you go to whip up a nice salad the last thing you expect is to come face to face with venomous creepy crawly!
But that’s exactly what happened to this couple in Maryland, USA, when Sri Sindhusha Boddapati discovered a live scorpion crawling in her back of pre-packaged spinach.
‘I saw something inside the bag, crawling,’ Sri told NBC, and explained that once she had trapped it in a bottle she only then realised hat it was.
‘I thought it was a cricket in the beginning, and then I noticed when it was in the bottle that it is a scorpion.’
Her husband alerted the supermarket, who immediately took all the packages of spinach off the shelves.
While only a small number of scorpion species carry enough venom to kill a human, it is unlikely that had Boddapati been stung she would have died.
But it sure would have hurt a lot!