A homeless man who rushed to help the victims fleeing from Manchester Arena has been hailed a hero, with locals now determined to find him a home.
Stephen Jones, 35, spoke to ITV News about the moment he was woken by the explosion at the Ariana Grande concert on Monday night.
'I then realised what was happening and saw children coming out, screaming and covered in blood,' he said.
'It's just instinct to go and help, and it was children. We were having to pull nails out of a little girl's face.'
The former bricklayer said he had been sleeping rough for about a year.
'Just because I'm homeless doesn't mean I don't have a heart,' he said. 'I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I'd just walked away.
They needed help and I'd like to think someone would help me if I needed help.'
The bombing killed 22 people, including an eight-year-old girl, and injured at least 59 others.
Stephen's interview struck a chord with social media users, one even starting a crowdfunding campaign - Steve the Hero - to find him a new home. It has since raised more than £15,000.