• 600ml carton buttermilk
• 2 cage free eggs, lightly beaten
• 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 2 tsps vanilla extract
• 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
• 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
• ¼ cup caster sugar
• Cooking oil spray
• Sliced strawberries and maple syrup, to serve
Whisk milk, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large jug until combined.
Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Whisk in egg mixture until smooth.
Heat a large, non-stick electric frying pan on a medium to high heat. Spray with cooking oil.
Pour ¼ cup batter into pan. Spread to 10cm in diameter. Repeat to make four pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to appear on surface. Turn. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 20 pancakes.
Serve pancakes with strawberries. Drizzle with maple syrup.