A 16-year-old student has died from an infection caused by a hairball in her stomach.
UK teenager Jasmine Beever fell ill on September 7 and was rushed to hospital, but died later in the evening.
An autopsy revealed Jasmine was suffering from peritonitis, which occurs when the thin membrane covering the abdominal wall is inflamed due to an infection, Fox News reports. A hairball in Jasmine’s stomach had become infected, leading to inflammation.
Tributes poured in for the “bubbly” school girl after her shock passing.
“Jasmine was amazing,” Donna Marshall, a friend’s mother told local news outlet LincolnshireLive.
“She was one of those kids where she would make a sad face in the room smile. She was so bubbly.”
“We will remember her as a friendly, positive, caring and lively girl who brought a smile to everyone’s face,” Jo Edwards, Jasmine’s former school principal, said.
This article originally appeared on marie claire.