A six-year-old girl is lucky to be alive after she was trapped under water for more than two minutes after her hair became stuck in a pool filter.
Darcey Morgan was on holidays with her family in the Spanish island of Lanzarote, when she went for a dip in the hotel pool.
In the blink of an eye, Darcey's long blonde hair got sucked into the filter that operated a waterfall in the swimming pool.
Unable to make her way back to the surface, the terrified girl was submerged underwater for more than two minutes as her parents desperately tried to free her.
Thankfully, strangers came to the family's aid and were able to free Darcey from the filter, before giving her CPR on the pool'd edge.
She was then rushed to Arecife Hospital where tests revealed her oxygen levels were dangerously low and she had fluid on her lung.
Darcey also lost four clumps of her hair which were later removed from the pool filter at the hotel.
Sharing her experience on Facebook as a warning to other parents, Darcey's mum, Alex, asked friends and family to share her post.
'3 days before we were due to fly home, the most horrendous incident happened to our 6 year old daughter, Darcey in the hotels swimming pool,' she wrote.
'Luckily we got to bring Darcey out of hospital the following morning. However, it could have been a completely different ending to our holiday,' she added, describing the experience as the 'worst day of our lives'.
'We will never get over what happened but if this post can raise some awareness, save someone's life, then we will be happy,' Alex said.