Four-ingredient Melted Ice Cream Chocolate Cake
Prep and Cook: 1 hour 20 mins
2 litre tub Bulla Choc Chip Ice Cream
4 40g box golden butter cake mix
1 cup Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe Chocolate frosting
1. Grease a 20cm-round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
2. Spoon 3 cups of the ice-cream into a large bowl, reserving remaining ice-cream for another use. Stand ice-cream at room temperature for about 45 minutes, or until completely melted. (You will need 2 cups.)
3. Sift cake mix into the large bowl of an electric mixer, reserving icing sachet for another use. Add eggs and melted ice-cream. Beat on low speed until combined.
4. Increase speed to medium. Beat for a further 2 minutes, or until thick. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth over top of cake mix.
5. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Spread frosting over top of cake. Serve cut into wedges.