Sergey Gnatovskiy, 45, New York, had been trying to get his son, Maykl, now 23, to kick his heroin addiction for years since he became hooked as a teen.
According to the New York Post, Sergey had brought his son back from overdose four times since he took the drug up at 15. His mother had reportedly kicked him out of home because of his drug addiction.
So when Sergey discovered his son’s stash he decided to send the ultimate message. Taking the drug, he overdosed and Makyl found his father passed out on the living room floor.
Makyl was able to bring him back with a combination of CPR and Narcan nasal spray - reports the New York Post - and Sergey was taken to hospital where he fully recovered.
While the ploy was risky, Sergey says he feels fine after coming home from hospital. What’s more? It worked and Makyl is going to rehab:
‘After seeing this, I definitely want to go. I’ve been doing this since I was 15. I’m 23 now, I can’t keep doing this,’ he told New York Post.